Let’s see how astute you guys are today.
How many of you know how much I love burritos?
How many of you know how much I love Pork?
How many of you know how much I love America’s Test Kitchen?
How many of you know that this is my ONE HUNDREDTH post??????
How many of you know that it’s my birthday this week?!?!!!?!
How many of you are sick of me asking you questions?????
What is the whole POINT of this post??!?!
Besides me telling you about these awesome burritos (they were awesome) I have decided that I want to give you a present for my birthday.
You’ve seen me post a couple of recipes about my newest cookbook, Slow Cooker Revolution. I am seriously in love with this cookbook. I love my slow cooker, I use it all the time. I even have a smaller slow cooker that I use for dips mostly (and desserts!). What I like most about this cookbook is that it’s more than just throwing stuff in the slow cooker and letting it do it’s thing. While there are some recipes that throw everything into the slow cooker and it comes out great, there are other recipes that just fall flat. By doing a little extra grunt work before putting everything into the slow cooker, the flavor comes out 1000x more.
Well, the lovely people at America’s Test Kitchen are letting me giveaway a copy of Slow Cooker Revolution to one of my readers! Chock full of 200 recipes, from breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, sides, and everything in between, even if you don’t win this copy you need to buy this book if you love slow cooker’s like I do!
So, how do you enter to win? Simple. Just leave a comment telling me what’s your favorite way to use your slow cooker!
Want extra entries?????
1. Follow me (@kitchenmisfit) and America’s Test Kitchen (@TestKitchen) on Twitter and Tweet: I just entered to win a copy of @TestKitchen Slow Cooker Revolution from @KitchenMisfit Enter here! http://wp.me/pVDUw-hn
1. Please make sure to include your email address so I know how to contact you! (I’m pretty sure you have to put your email address in order to comment, but just to make sure!
2. Please make sure to leave separate comments for each entry
3. Entries will be accepted until midnight of May 29th
4. Winner will be announced sometime on May 29th via random.org
Full Disclosure: Slow Cooker Revolution was purchased by myself. All opinions are my own and I was under no obligation to review the cookbook. I just really love America’s Test Kitchen 😉
And now, I know ya’ll are dying for this Pork Burrito recipe. So here ya go!
From America’s Test Kitchen
- 2 onions, minced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 minced canned chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3lbs boneless pork butt roast, trimmed and halved
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2-4 large whole wheat tortilla
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- juice of 1-2 limes
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can green chilies
- 2 avocados
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese