So, as if my life isn’t hectic enough, with studying for MTELs, applying for my teacher prep program, working, training and dealing with everyday life I’ve decided that I want to participate in this:
So in order to OFFICIALLY enter the contact we have to answer the following questions:
1. Why do you want to compete in this challenge?
– As a newb in the foodie blog world I really want to see if I can push myself and prove to myself that I’m past the days of boxed mac and cheese and Orange Chicken from Trader Joe’s. That and because I’m literally salivating over the products at marxfoods.com
2. Limitations of time/space notwithstanding, whose kitchen would you like to spend the day in & why? Julia Child, Thomas Keller, Ferran Adria, James Beard, Marie-Antoine Careme, or The Swedish Chef?
– As a HUGE fan of the Muppets, I would totally pick the Swedish Chef. Because who wouldn’t want to do this?
I rest my case.
3. What morsel are you most likely to swipe from family & friends’ plates when they aren’t looking?
– Pretty much anything. I have a habit of finishing my husband’s plate, BUT, I suppose if I were to pick one thing it would be anything dessert related. Or pork. Definitely pork.
4. Sum your childhood up in one meal.
– My Mom’s homemade Portuguese bread. She would make about 20 loaves of bread, and we would have fresh bread with butter and maybe some cheese for dinner the same night. It was magical.
5. The one mainstream food you can’t stand?
– Meatloaf. Never liked it. I usually like everything my Mom makes, but I just can’t get past meat shaped like a loaf of bread. Just doesn’t do it for me.
So there you have it! Wish me tons and tons of luck!